Rules for awarding scholarships established by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
By order of the Minister of Education and
Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
of April 7, 2011, №136
The rules for awarding scholarships
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. These Rules for awarding scholarships established by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter referred to as the Rules) are developed in accordance with clause 6 of the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 5, 1993 No. 1134 “On the establishment of scholarships of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan” and determine the procedure for awarding scholarships established by the President Kazakhstan (hereinafter - the scholarship) for students of higher educational institutions, regardless of ownership and departmental affiliation.
2. The scholarship aims to:
1) stimulation of research and educational and cognitive activities of students and undergraduates;
2) support of the most talented and gifted students and undergraduates;
3) promoting the formation of intellectual potential.
3. The distribution of the number of scholarships between higher educational institutions is carried out in proportion to the contingent of full-time students of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
4. In higher educational institutions with a contingent of full-time students less than 700 people, the allocation of scholarships is not carried out.
5. The scholarship is awarded to full-time students from the 3rd year and undergraduates from the second year of study, who study only “excellent” (A, A-), both on the basis of the state educational order, and on a paid basis.
6. The scholarship is assigned to the following categories of students:
1) winners of national and international competitions, art contests, sporting events, festivals or authors of discoveries, inventions;
2) having publications in collections of scientific works, in republican and international scientific journals;
3) actively engaged in research work, the success of which is confirmed by diplomas, certificates, certificates, certificates;
4) taking an active part in the social, cultural and sports life of educational organizations.
7. The scholarship is appointed by the order of the rector of the higher educational institution on the basis of the decision of the academic council.
8. Scholarship is assigned for one academic period.
9. A scholarship may be repeatedly awarded to the same person in accordance with the decision of the academic council of higher education institutions.
10. The decision of the academic council of a higher educational institution to award scholarships for the next academic period is made no later than two weeks before the beginning of the academic period and is sent to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan with a list of students and undergraduates.
11. When assigning scholarships, the selection of applicants is carried out in accordance with the criteria set forth in paragraphs 5.6 of these Rules. Under equal conditions, the advantage is:
orphans and children left without parental care;
disabled since childhood, disabled children.
12. If a higher education institution does not have applicants for scholarships that meet the criteria of paragraphs 5.6 of these Rules, higher educational institutions shall submit to the authorized educational authority no later than a certain number of scholarships no later than two weeks before the beginning of the academic period. .
13. The payment of scholarships is made on a monthly basis within the limits of funds provided for in the republican budget for the relevant financial year.